Hydromassage, once considered to be merely the extravagance of the rich and the famous in search of delight and pleasure, is gaining universal popularity today.
Hydro massage is a type of massage based on the therapeutic use of warm water. The essence of hydro massage is applying massage techniques to the human body (thermally, mechanically, or chemically) through the water (which can be mineral, acerous or any other). Hydro massage helps to relax muscles, increase blood circulation, and relieve muscular pain and tension.
Hydro massage therapy can help alleviate muscle and soft tissue injuries caused by low back pain, arthritis, chronic and acute pain, neck injuries, TMJ, sports injuries, pregnancy discomforts, Crohn's Disease, insomnia, spondolylosis, multiple sclerosis, lupus, fibromyalgia, tendinitis and stress management and many more diseases and ailments.
Hydro massage therapy is excellent especially with stress management techniques.
Healing qualities of hydromassage
Bodily effects of water treatment:
Psychical and emotional effects of water treatment:
* Hydromassage is not an ideal treatment for pregnant women, or for young or older people. The water can be quite hot and the massage strong and is liable to be a bit much for anyone who is a bit frail or fragile.
* Hydromassage may not be ideal either for anyone who has recently had an injury or surgery.
You should also seek advice from the spa or therapist if you:
* have severe or acute muscular or joint injuries
* have any medical conditions or are receiving a course of treatment or medication
* have high blood pressure or heart problems.
Because hydromassage is quite a rigorous treatment, it's a good idea not to have a big meal or alcohol beforehand, and to build in time afterwards to have a swim, shower or a treatment.